Patron: His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales
Stay safe » Safety Innovation Award
Entries are invited of safety initiatives that may be physical or psychological, managerial or mechanical, ergonomic or educational - any kind of initiative that improves safety in sport parachuting. The challenge is to impress the judging panel, which will comprise experts in sport parachuting safety, occupational safety, and risk management.
Entry to this annual competition is open to
The winner will be the proud custodian of the BPA Romero Safety Innovation Trophy for a year, and will also receive a cash prize of five thousand pounds kindly donated by Romero Sports and Leisure, BPAs insurance broker, as part of their risk management activities in our sport.
Entries must be submitted electronically and reach skydive[at]bpa.org.uk with the subject line Entry for the Safety Innovation Award 2018 by no later than Thursday 1 November 2018. Entries must comprise:
1) the name and contact details of the BPA member/s or BPA Affiliated PTO or BPA Registered Display Team entering;
2) an executive summary of the innovation in no more than 250 words;
3) a description of the innovation in no more than 2,500 words, including evidence of the effectiveness of the innovation in improving safety in sport parachuting;
4) up to six photographs as jpeg images not exceeding 1MB each;
5) (optional) a video up to 5 minutes duration
Conditions of entry
1) The judges reserve the right to call for more information and/or a virtual or physical meeting and/or demonstration before reaching their decision. Compliance with any such request of the judges shall form a condition of entry, without which an entry may be declared incomplete and therefore void.
2) Safety innovations that have already been adopted within sport parachuting on a commercial basis, or already accepted for future commercial production/sales, shall not be eligible for entry.
3) The intellectual rights to any safety innovation submitted must belong to the BPA member/s or BPA Affiliated/Registered body that submitted the entry except where the innovation is the application of an established safety measure from outside the sport parachuting sector to sport parachuting for the first time.
4) BPA and Romero shall have the right to publicise the winning entry and it is a condition of entry that the winner will support any such publicity.
5) In the event that, in in the view of the judging panel, no entries reach an adequate standard to justify the award, no award may be made in a particular year.
6) The judges decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Updated 15 February 2018